Your Voice Matters
At Osceola Medical Center, we want to hear from our patients and their families. As a Patient and Family Advisory Council member, you will be able to share your perspective on how we can improve health care for you, your family, and the community.
Expectations of PFAC Membership:
• Attend Quarterly meetings.
• Be willing to attend or participate with short email surveys in between quarterly meetings or consider additional committee involvement?
• Be comfortable speaking within a group and expressing your thoughts.
• Be respectful of different opinions and the ability to work with others.
What are some examples of topics discussed?
• Patient Experience
• Master space planning
• Facilities and Equipment improvements
• Patient Education and Marketing
• Promotion of services
• Billing practices
• Improving Patient Safety
• Review of policies and procedures
Your time commitment
This is a volunteer opportunity. Meetings will be held quarterly and will last up to 1.5 hours. There may be occasional emails in between meetings, which should only take a few minutes to complete or respond to.
Conditions of Volunteer Services (Please read before submitting)
We will contact you by phone or email if you are selected and may ask for a phone or in person meeting to learn more about your interests, and to discuss the opportunity to become a member of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
PFAC volunteers will receive HIPAA training and sign a confidentiality agreement.
If you are unable to fulfill this requirement, you will not be eligible to serve on the PFAC.
How To Apply
Please take a few minutes to complete the PFAC application.
Once our PFAC selection team has had a chance to review, we will be in contact regarding the next steps.
Thank you for your willingness to serve. If you are experiencing issues with the application or if you had additional questions, please call Sara Cutts at 715-294-5757.
Thank you for your interest in Osceola Medical Center’s Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC).