General Care Management
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about half of all adults in the United States have been diagnosed with a chronic health condition and one in four are managing multiple conditions.
Our new General Care Management program at Osceola Medical Center is designed to help patients’ manage
their chronic conditions to reduce the number of unplanned health care appointments and improve overall health.
Our personal care coordinator can help:
- Manage your care with regular health assessments and medication reviews.
- Communicate with your care team 24/7 by telephone, email and secure messaging.
- Schedule routine and preventive care appointments with a designated member of your care team.
- Create a personalized care plan that focuses on your health conditions.
- Manage the transfer of care between health care providers, specialists and facilities. This includes referrals to other services, follow-up appointments after an emergency department visit or being discharged from a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other health care organization.
- Coordinate home and community-based clinical service providers.
In addition to providing you with the necessary skills to manage your chronic conditions, we provide a support network that assists you in keeping track of necessary appointments to further manage this disease and help prevent some of the acute and chronic complications that can occur if not adequately controlled.
If you have questions about diabetes or prediabetes, call our experts at 715-294-2111.
Examples of chronic conditions include, but are not limited to:
*If you have two chronic conditions and are currently enrolled in Medicare, you may qualify for this program. Speak to your Healthcare Provider or call our General Care Manager at 715-294-5633 for more information.
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Disease